Modem Setup Instructions
When your modem was originally installed, you should have had a DSL cable (usually gray), a yellow Ethernet Cable, and a black power cord. (The DSL cable looks like a standard telephone cable and has a smaller plug than the yellow Ethernet cable).
Install the DSL Modem
1) Connect one end of the DSL cable (usually gray) to the back of the modem by inserting it into the gray jack marked “Phone.”
2) Connect the other end of the DSL cable to your house wall jack (usually a jack dedicated for DSL).
3) Connect one end of the yellow Ethernet Cable to the back of the modem by inserting it into any one of the four open yellow jacks marked “LAN.” Please be sure NOT to plug any cable into the single white port marked “WAN.”
4) Connect the other end of the yellow Ethernet Cable by inserting it into the Ethernet port on your desktop computer or laptop.
5) Connect any other network devices you may have that use an Ethernet cable to any of the other three open yellow jacks on the modem marked “LAN.” Please be sure NOT to plug any cable into the single white port marked “WAN.”
6) Plug the power cable into the back of your modem.
7) Plug the power cable into an open home power outlet.
The “Power” indicator should light immediately.
After a short time the “DSL” indicator should light.
After a short time the “Internet” indicator should light.
Wireless and Email Setup
For more information on:
Setting Up Your Wireless Network
• Consult the Wireless Setup Guide included with your modem or
Configuring Your Email
Browse the Internet
Open your Internet browser program (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc.) to www.tds.net and enjoy your TDS Broadband Internet Service!
For more information contact TDS Internet Support at 1-866-806-4357.