TDS TV+ makes adding devices to your remote control easy! Follow the steps on the screen and your TV or sound system should be connected to one remote.
- Press the TiVo button to bring up the Home Screen
- Select Menu from the Navigation Bar
- Under Settings select Remote Settings
- Select ‘Pair your remote with your box’ or ‘Remote Control Programming’ to set up TV or A/V Receiver
- Follow the set up instructions on your TV
Looking for more detailed instructions on how to pair your remote control? Download the TDSTV+ Remote Guide.
What do I do if my remote isn’t working properly?
Re-pair your TDS TV+ remote control
- On the bottom of the Set Top Box, press and hold the recessed ‘Recovery’ button until the screen shows ‘Searching for Accessories’.
- Do not press and hold the button for longer or the device will begin recovery mode.
- If the ‘Fastboot’ menu appears, the button was held for too long. Unplug the device and begin from step 1.
- On your TDS TV+ remote, hold the ‘TiVo’ button and ‘Back’ button simultaneously until the light at the top of the remote illuminates.
- Release the buttons on your remote. The remote light will flash slowly, then flash quickly five times. When finished the remote will be paired to the Set Top Box.
Remote control factory reset
- On your TDS TV+ remote control, press the gray TiVo button and the power button at the same time, until your remote control’s activity light appears solid red.
- Press the down volume key three times, then press the gray TiVo button. Your remote control’s activity light will blink red three times, to indicate the factory reset is complete.
- Go back to the “Repair your Remote” steps above.
Check the Battery Level of your TDS TV+ Remote
When the battery is low or runs out, user functionality will slow or stop and the remote will automatically unpair. To check your remote battery:
press the TiVo button to bring up the Menu.
Click into Remote Settings
Choose Remote Control Diagnostics (If you do not see remote control diagnostics your remote is not Bluetooth paired properly and will need to be paired again)
Once in Remote Diagnostics you will see Battery Level as the last line of text.