Updates are considered old after seven days. You should always try to keep your virus definition database up-to-date as viruses can change very quickly and our cyber security partner F-Secure may release several updates per day.
If this is the first time the computer has been turned on in the last seven days, for example after a holiday, the entire update package will be automatically downloaded and installed within 30 minutes.
If the product still indicates that the virus definitions are out of date, try the following:
- Right-click the Product icon in the system tray, and select Check for Updates.
- Check that the Windows date and time are correct. Incorrect settings can cause the product to report that your virus definitions are out of date.
- Download and run the F-Secure Automatic Update Agent reset tool.
- Right-click the Product icon in the system tray again and select Check for Updates.
- If the above actions do not help, we recommend that you uninstall the product then reinstall it again.
Note: Ensure that your product subscription or license is still valid.
*There is no F-Secure Automatic Update Agent reset tool for Mac