TDS TV+ Support
Remote Control Information
Check the battery level of your TDS TV+ remote
When the battery is low or runs out, functionality will slow or stop and the remote will automatically unpair. To check your remote battery:
- Press the TiVo button to bring up the Menu
- Click into Remote Settings
- Choose Remote Control Diagnostics (If you don’t see it your remote is not properly Bluetooth-paired and will need to be paired again)
- Once in Remote Diagnostics, you will see Battery Level as the last line of text
Connect your TV or sound system to one remote
- Press the TiVo button to bring up the Home Screen
- Select Menu from the Navigation Bar
- Under Settings select Remote Settings
- Select ‘Pair your remote with your box’ or ‘Remote Control Programming’ to set up TV or A/V Receiver
- Follow the setup instructions on your TV
Looking for more detailed instructions on how to pair your remote controls?
Remote control factory reset
- On your TDS TV+ remote control, simultaneously press the gray TiVo button and the Power button, until your remote control’s activity light appears solid red.
- Press the down volume key three times, then press the gray TiVo button. Your remote control’s activity light will blink red three times to indicate factory reset is complete.
- Go back to the “Repair your Remote” steps.
Clear remote controls that are Bluetooth paired
Note: Bluetooth pairings are unique to each TDS TV+ Receiver.
- On the bottom of the receiver, press and hold the recessed 'Recovery' button until the screen shows 'Searching for Accessories.'
- Do not press and hold the button for longer or the device will begin recovery mode.
- If the ‘Fastboot’ menu appears, the button was held for too long. Unplug the device and begin from step 1.
- On your TDS TV+ remote, hold the ‘TiVo’ and ‘Back’ button simultaneously until the light at the top of the remote illuminates.
- Release the buttons on your remote. The remote light will flash slowly, then flash quickly five times. When finished the remote will be paired to the receiver.