What is the Lifeline Program?
The Lifeline Program is a federal program that provides a monthly discount on communications services which may include broadband internet, phone (landline and wireless), or bundles to eligible low-income households.
The Lifeline discount can lower or eliminate the cost of your monthly phone or internet bills. Only one discount is available per household for internet, landline or wireless service, but not all three.
If you have a household income that is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines or if you participate in one of the following programs, call us today to discuss your options:
- Food Stamps (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP))
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veteran's Pension and Survivor’s Pension Benefits
Additionally, if you reside on Tribal lands, you may be eligible to receive Tribal Enhanced Lifeline credits.
Lifeline is non-transferable and only eligible consumers may enroll in the program. Other criteria established on a state level may also qualify you for Lifeline assistance. You can learn more about Lifeline by visiting: www.lifelinesupport.org/
To check on eligibility requirements for Lifeline or find an application, please find your state in the list below. If you need assistance, call at 1-888-CALL-TDS.
Lifeline Applications by State
- Alabama - Application
- Arizona -
- California - Contact TDS Telecom to apply for Lifeline
- Colorado - Application
- Florida - Application
- Georgia - Application
- Idaho -
- Illinois - Application
- Indiana - Application
- Kentucky - Application
- Maine - Application
- Michigan -
- Minnesota - Application
- Mississippi - Application
- New Hampshire - Application
- New York - Application
- Ohio - Application
- Oklahoma - Application
- Oregon - Contact the Oregon Public Utilities Commission 800-848-4442 or access an OTAP/Lifeline application online at http://www.rspf.org
- Pennsylvania - Application
- South Carolina - Application
- Tennessee -
- Vermont - Contact the Vermont Prevention Assistance, Transition & Health Access (PATH) Dept. to determine eligibility (800-287-0589). Senior Help Line is 800-642-5119
- Virginia - Application
- Washington - Application
- Wisconsin - Application