TDS Telecom to hold Week of Giving
TDS Telecommunications LLC (TDS®) is increasing its philanthropic activities this holiday season through a new Week of Giving campaign. One of the company’s core values is giving back to the communities it serves through TDS Cares initiatives. Themed giving events will be held throughout TDS markets from Monday, Nov. 28 through Friday, Dec. 2.
“These past few years haven’t been easy, so we wanted to do a little more for the people and organizations who make our communities so great,” said Senior Vice President of Corporate Affairs Drew Petersen.
More than $90,000 will be donated to nonprofit organizations the week after Thanksgiving in TDS communities. Here are a few examples of what will be happening during the Week of Giving:
· On Cyber/STEM Monday, TDS associates in Mount Juliet, Tennessee, are providing a $500 donation and supplies to an afterschool STEM program.
· On Giving Tuesday, TDS associates in Nampa, Idaho, are presenting a $2,700 check to the West Valley Humane Society from its 2022 Rescue-Dog-of-the-Month campaign.
· On Wellness Wednesday in Janesville, Wisconsin, TDS associates are donating feminine products and diapers to the YWCA Rock County.
· On Thankful Thursday, TDS associates are delivering lunch to two hospital emergency rooms in the Eau Claire, Wisconsin, area.
· On Food Pantry Friday, many teams are donating their time at food banks and the Communications team will be delivering $2,500 checks to 8 Dane County, Wisconsin, food pantries.
“This is an associate-driven effort that really reflects our enthusiasm and dedication for our TDS communities,” said Julie Maiers, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Sales, and Customer Operations.
On Giving Tuesday, TDS will announce the recipients of the annual charities of choice selection at company’s headquarters in Madison. Every year associates vote for three charitable organizations that are recommended by TDS Associate Resource Groups and individual associates. This year, $35,000 will be distributed to worthy organizations. The company is also holding a toy and food drive in December.
TDS Cares initiatives occur throughout the year and through the Be Good Citizens program, TDS provides associates with 16 hours of paid time off every year to volunteer at the 501c3 organization of their choice.