Monticello benefits from TDS services, investments
Nearly 50% of households take TDS DSL
Success is adding up for TDS Telecom customers in Monticello. According to Tom Ollig, TDS’ local market manager, customer satisfaction is high and take rates in Monticello are among the highest of the communities TDS serves.
• Nearly half of Monticello households have TDS’ DSL service today.
• 52 percent of Monticello residents are signed up for TDS’ product bundles, which include a combination of phone, high-speed Internet, and/or satellite TV service.
• 88 percent of TDS’ customers recently rated the company’s service as excellent or good.
Earlier this spring, TDS announced strong sales of its bundled offerings across its markets, with help from customers in Monticello. More than half of TDS customers currently subscribe to a satellite TV service. TDS estimates one-third of Monticello households subscribe to DISH Network, which is also a video partner of TDS.
Monticello’s population has increased 45 percent during the last decade. TDS reports it has grown with the city every step of the way, assisting in attracting new residents and businesses, including: Super Wal-Mart, Super Target, Home Depot, and Office Max. TDS has also helped to support long-time local businesses, such as Moon Motors and River City Entertainment Center, during their moves to larger facilities in town.
Already, TDS offers businesses super high-speed Internet services, up to 1 Gigabit. More than 400 local households currently have access to 25 Mbps Internet service; and, as was announced last week, most Monticello residents will be able to get super-fast speeds in the fall. According to Ollig, in Monticello and in many TDS-served communities around the country, TDS is already in the engineering phase and plans to deliver speeds up to 25 Mbps downstream, 10 Mbps upstream initially.
As a company, TDS continues to evolve, Ollig says, discovering new ways to take advantage of opportunities created by the changing landscape within the telecommunications industry. He notes that TDS is proud of the investments it has made in Monticello, and says that the company will continue to invest in the community and competitively market new technologies.
Snapshot of TDS’ investments in Monticello
In addition to its existing $33.6 million network in Monticello, TDS continues to invest in the local communications infrastructure. In fact, since 2005, TDS has invested more than $2.1 million to:
• Ready the communications infrastructure for new technologies that would allow TDS to quickly adapt them to offer faster data speeds;
• Continue building a robust, all-fiber backbone in Monticello;
• Upgrade its switching network to offer enhanced, high-quality telecommunications services;
• Deploy eight service technicians within the community to install DSL and phone services; and
• Keep expanding service offerings in order to meet customer demands.
In addition to its infrastructure investments, TDS has been an active community supporter. TDS employees volunteer with the Monticello Area Fire Department, Youth Hockey Association, Girl Scouts, Chamber of Commerce, Rotary, and ATV Club. The company also provides financial support to many area organizations, including the March of Dimes, high school athletic programs, high school scholarships, and the fire department.
— 30 —