The season for holiday giving at TDS
TDS and its employees donated hundreds of dollars in gifts, supplies, toys and food to a dozen non-profit agencies who assist those in need.
A dozen non-profit organizations received hundreds of dollars in gift cards, barrels of food, boxes of toys, pet supplies and numerous household items through donations from Telephone and Data Systems Inc., TDS Telecom, and their employees. The annual tradition of giving back wrapped up last week as items were sorted, packed, and delivered—just in time to spread holiday joy for those who need it most.
TDS employees donated hand-selected gifts to 39 individuals and 12 families through the Porchlight Angels program. Since 2011, TDS has been teaming with Porchlight, a local agency working to decrease the homeless population, by serving as Angels and helping those in need. Employees also gave cash to the organization to purchase additional items.
“The generosity of our employees continues to grow each year, and it’s truly humbling to see how everyone gives back in the communities we serve,” said Andrew Petersen, SVP of Corporate Affairs at TDS. “Porchlight is an incredible organization, and we’re proud to support their mission, especially around the holidays.”
According to Petersen, for weeks, employees have been filling bins with hundreds of donation items to help a dozen non-profit organizations, including:
- Toys for Tots
- Domestic Abuse Intervention
- Dane County Humane Society
- Independent Living
- Salvation Army — nearly 50 employees volunteered to ring bells for about 30 hours
- UW Health American Family Children’s Hospital received $4,000 in the employee charity of choice vote
- Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin received several barrels of canned food, donated by employees, along with $3,500 in the charity of choice vote
- $3,500 to the following food pantries:
- Badger Prairie Needs Network, Verona
- Village of Belleville Food Pantry
- Green Cares Food Pantry, Monroe
- Lussier Community Center Food Pantry, Madison
- Middleton Outreach Ministry (MOM)
“Giving back is a huge part of our company’s culture, and our employees really step it up this time of year,” said Petersen. “It’s a joy to see during the holidays, but really impressive to watch as it continues throughout the year.”