TDS wins DWD Vets Ready Employer award second year in a row
Named Gold Level winner for going above and beyond to support veterans and their families
The Department of Workforce Development (DWD) has presented TDS Telecom (TDS®) a 2021 Gold Level Award as part of the agency’s Vets Ready Initiative. This is the second year in a row TDS has been named a Gold Level winner, also receiving the award in the program’s inaugural year. The employer recognition initiative highlights employers who go above and beyond to support veterans and their families. TDS was one of only four Gold Level Award winners in 2021.
"Thank you to DWD for recognizing TDS’ efforts to open doors for veterans in Wisconsin,” says Andrew Petersen, senior vice president of Corporate Affairs. “Veterans are a valued part of our organization and bring, not only a history of service and sacrifice, but also highly valuable talents, skills, and experiences that are helping TDS grow and thrive.”
The DWD initiative encourages employers to build a system within their workplace to support and connect veterans in the community and their families. Founded in 2016, TDS’ Patriot Associate Resource Group provides a sub-community within the larger TDS workforce for veterans, current military service members, first responders, and non-military supporters. In addition to offering avenues for volunteerism and support for various service organizations, the group also offers knowledge sessions and celebrates military holidays and events.
"DWD applauds the employers who make the concerted effort to hire and support our Wisconsin veteran community," said DWD Secretary-designee Amy Pechacek. "Veterans have already sacrificed so much for Wisconsin and our country, and now, Wisconsin employers are showing up to support and serve them."
As a Vets Ready winner, TDS will be promoted by DWD staff to veteran job seekers and community partners through WiscJobsforVets.com. Employers will also be:
- Highlighted as a Vets Ready employer on JobCenterOfWisconsin.com.
- Recognized with a special icon on JobCenterOfWisconsin.com to indicate the employer's Vets Ready status to all individuals seeking employment. Veterans, active service members, and military spouses seeking employment will be able to identify which employers are Vets Ready on the website.
- Given a Vets Ready Winner emblem to include on the company's website.
- Presented with a certificate to showcase the award.
- Promoted by DWD Job Center staff, Veterans Employment Services staff, veteran agencies and organizations, and workforce partners.
“We hope other Wisconsin employers will consider joining us and become part of the DWD’s Vets Ready initiative,” says Petersen. “Veterans deserve employment opportunities that not only honor their service, but also provide avenues for growth and prosperity.”
For more information on the TDS benefits for veterans and current military members, visit: https://tdstelecom.com/careers/military-recruiting.html.