Wisconsin students earn WSTF Scholarships
TDS presents scholarships to 10 high school seniors
Join TDS in congratulating the following 2020 Wisconsin high school graduates who received Wisconsin State Telecommunications Foundation (WSTF) scholarships. The winners are:
● Helen Durrant, Pittsville High School, $1,500; plans to attend UW-Platteville
● Gracie Hamann, River Ridge High School, $1,500; plans to attend Viterbo University
● Rylee Zinkle, River Ridge High School, $1,500; plans to attend UW-Platteville
● Josephine McCartney, Verona Area High School, $1,500; plans to attend Seton Hall University
● Emma Price, Hilbert High School, $1,500; plans to attend St. Norbert High School
● Brooke Ehle, Waunakee Area High School, $1,500; plans to attend UW-Madison
● Katelyn Phillips, Medford High School, $750; plans to attend Chippewa Falls Technical College
● Samantha Stolp, Medford High School, $750; plans to attend Northcentral Technical College
● Jaron Murphy, Necedah High School, $500; plans to attend Western Technical College
● Caitlyn Lassa, Mosinee High School, $500; plans to attend Northcentral Technical College
The WSTF scholarship program is funded each year by local telephone companies—including TDS Telecom. The scholarships are available to high school seniors in the company’s service area. WSTF volunteers review the applications and select finalists based on financial need, academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and other criteria.
“For the last 12 years, TDS Telecom has been proud to support students and help them achieve their higher education goals through the WSTF scholarship,” said Jean Pauk, State Government Affairs Manager at TDS Telecom.
Since 1966, the WSTF has given more than $1.5 million to help students further their education. In its 54 years, the foundation has awarded scholarships to more than 1,300 students.
The foundation is part of the Wisconsin State Telecommunications Association (WSTA), which is a trade organization representing 67 companies and cooperatives in Wisconsin, including TDS.