Effective Date: 11/2017
Please note: You are choosing to enroll in TDS E-Bill, which will allow you to view and/or pay your TDS bill online through your financial institution’s website. Enrolling in TDS E-Bill will cancel delivery of your paper bill and cancel any automatic TDS payment programs you may be enrolled in, such as Sav-a-Check.
Close this page if you do not want to enroll in TDS E-Bill.
The User Agreement details the mutual rights and obligations between the TDS customer using the Service ("you") and TDS, its officers, agents, employees, contractors, vendors and affiliated companies, including TDS Metrocom LLC (together referred to as "TDS", "we" or "us"). If you are using the Service on behalf of a company or other entity, you are binding that entity to this User Agreement; therefore, you represent and warrant that you are an employee or agent of that entity with all necessary authority to bind it to this User Agreement.
Please read everything here carefully, and be sure to contact TDS Customer Service at 888-225-5837 if you have any questions. We are happy to help you in any way we can.
TDS may modify the User Agreement at any time in any manner. A current version will be posted in your “My Account” portal on the TDS Telecom website. We also suggest that you bookmark this page for easy access to these terms and conditions in the future. Any updates to the User Agreement shall be effective on the date the revised version is posted. Your continued use of the Services shall be deemed acceptance of all modifications.
"Access Service Provider": any Internet Service Provider providing connection to the Internet or any Commercial Online Service Provider providing connection to the Internet in addition to its own proprietary private network.
"Other Service Provider": any supplier of software or other services used in connection with the Service.
"Your Account": the funds maintained by a bank or other financial institution on your behalf from which payment will be made when you initiate transactions using the Service.
"Your Bank": the bank or other financial institution that holds Your Account.
CHARGES: There are currently no service charges for the Service. However, you are responsible for all internet access charges incurred in connecting to the Service; all charges made by any Access Service Provider; any service charges or other fees assessed by Your Bank; any service charge or other fee assessed by TDS and/or Your Bank to compensate for the collection costs associated with dishonored checks or electronic fund transfer that fail due to insufficient funds.
DISHONORED PAYMENTS: If Your Bank does not honor a payment you submitted to TDS via the Service, TDS may charge the full payment amount to Your Account or collect the amount directly from you. By using the Service, you agree to reimburse TDS for all collection costs associated with dishonored payments, including attorneys’ fees.
ELECTRONIC MESSAGES: Except as otherwise provided in the User Agreement, you agree to receive TDS bills via Your Bank’s bill payment application or service. After your enrollment in the Service, you will no longer receive paper bills. You agree that it is your responsibility to establish a TDS ePay account to access and review regulatory customer notices. Regulatory customer notices may include privacy information, opt-out options, pricing and service changes and general information as directed and required by state and federal rules. To learn more about TDS ePay service visit www.tdstelecom.com/myaccount.
ELECTRONIC FUND TRANSFERS: The Service enables Your Bank to transfer funds electronically from Your Account. The Electronic Funds Transfer Act (15 U.S.C. 1693 et seq.) provides you with certain rights and imposes certain responsibilities with respect to some of these transfers. Your Bank can provide additional information about these rights and responsibilities.
TERMINATION: TDS may terminate its participation in the Service at any time after sending you written (which may include e-mail) notice of such termination. You may terminate your participation in the Service by un-enrolling via Your Bank’s bill payment application or service. Your right to participate in the Service will also be terminated if Your Account is closed or canceled for any reason or if you cancel the authorization you have given to Your Bank to directly charge checks or drafts to Your Account.
If your participation in the Service ends for any reason, you agree to pay for any outstanding obligations via another payment mechanism.
TDS OBLIGATIONS AND LIABILITY FOR TRANSACTIONS OR PAYMENTS: TDS will promptly process payments properly received from Your Bank via the Service. If TDS or its agent fails to complete a properly received transfer from Your Account on time or fails to transfer the correct amount, you will not be responsible for any late charges or additional fees. TDS will also credit any disconnection or similar charges and will waive any reconnection charges related to such transfer.
TDS assumes no responsibility for any losses or delays caused by:
1. malfunctions in communications facilities or other technical errors or defects outside of its control that may, for example, affect the accuracy or timeliness of transactions you initiate;
2. the malfunction of any Access Service Provider or any browser software;
3. you giving incorrect or incomplete instructions or information;
4. you failing to provide payment instructions or information sufficiently in advance to allow for timely payment;
5. Your Account not containing enough money to complete the transaction;
6. the funds in Your Account being subject to legal process or other encumbrance restricting the transaction;
7. your use of the Service when you were aware of a technical malfunction, but used it anyway;
8. malfunctions or interruptions to Your Bank’s bill payment application or service; or
9. circumstances beyond TDS' control that prevent the transaction, despite reasonable precautions taken by TDS (e.g. an earthquake, fire or flood).
YOUR OBLIGATIONS: By participating in the Service, you agree:
1. to establish a TDS ePay account to access and review regulatory customer notices;
2. only provide information that is accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge;
3. not to enroll in the Service for another person, supply information for any other person or business with the intent to impersonate that person or business, or use the account number of another person or business without express authorization;
4. to handle all bills or statements presented to you via the Service; and
5. to notify TDS in the event that you do not receive a monthly bill or statement, are unable to electronically access any monthly statement, or you suspect someone may be tampering with Your Account.
WHEN TO PAY YOUR BILL: Enrolling in TDS E-Bill does not change your payment due date. Your bill is due on the due date provided. If you are unable to pay your bill, please call the telephone number listed on your bill to make payment arrangements.
PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS: TDS will make every effort to help you pay your bill, but your service may be shut off if you do not pay the bill in full or if you do not make payment arrangements with TDS. You will receive any late payment notices and service shut off notices by regular mail. If TDS shuts off your service, you may be required to pay a reconnection fee before service can be restored. Service is normally restored the next business day. For purposes of this User Agreement, TDS business days are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR BILL: If you have a question about your bill or you think your statement is wrong, you should write or call TDS at the number and address provided below as soon as you can. You must contact TDS to report a dispute no later than 60 days from the date of the statement in question. When disputing a statement, you must provide sufficient detail to allow TDS to properly investigate the dispute. If you do not report a dispute within the 60 day required period, you will be deemed to waive your dispute rights with respect to the statement.
HOW TO CONTACT TDS: Please contact us at the address or phone number below if you have any questions. We are happy to help you in any way we can. Please note, however, that TDS cannot provide technical assistance or other customer support for Your Bank’s bill pay application or service. Please contact Your Bank with these questions.
TDS Customer Service
525 Junction Road
Madison, Wisconsin 53717
INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Service, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold TDS harmless from any and all liabilities, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, related to or arising from: any violation of the User Agreement by you or those who access the Service through Your Account and, the use of the Service or the Internet and the placement or transmission of any message, information, software, or other materials on the Internet by you or by those who have access to the Service through Your Account.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ALL INFORMATION YOU RECEIVE FROM OR THROUGH THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS-IS," AS AVAILABLE, AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE). THE INFORMATION AND SERVICE MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. OTHER THAN AS PROVIDED HEREIN, TDS HAS NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE, INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR YOUR RELIANCE ON OR USE OF INFORMATION FROM THE SERVICE OR THROUGH THE SERVICE THAT RESULTS FROM MISTAKES, OMISSIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELETIONS OF FILES, ERRORS, DEFECTS, DELAYS IN OPERATION OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE. IN PARTICULAR, BUT NOT AS A LIMITATION, TDS IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LITIGATION OR THE LIKE, WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT, (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE NEGATION OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN TDS AND YOU. THE SERVICE WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. TDS' MAXIMUM LIABILITY FOR ALL CLAIMS OF WHATEVER NATURE ARISING OUT OF THE PROVISIONS OF THE SERVICE AND NOT CAUSED BY YOU SHALL NOT EXCEED AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE MONTHLY RECURRING CHARGES TO YOU FOR THE PERIOD OF SERVICE GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM.
YOU AGREE TO COMMENCE ANY CAUSE OF ACTION YOU MAY HAVE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISES. ALL RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY VIRUSES CONTAINED WITHIN ANY ELECTRONIC FILE YOU OBTAIN FROM THE SERVICE IS DISCLAIMED.
Exclusions and Limitations: Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for certain damages. Accordingly, some of the disclaimers and limitations of liability in this User Agreement may not apply. To the extent that TDS may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit its liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of TDS’ liability shall be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
- TDS's failure to enforce strict performance of any provision of the User Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver.
- The User Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin, United States of America, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. You consent to the personal jurisdiction of the federal and state courts having jurisdiction in Madison, Wisconsin with respect to all disputes arising out of the User Agreement, your use of the Service, or otherwise between you and TDS.
- Neither the User Agreement nor any of your rights or obligations arising hereunder shall be transferable or assignable by you to any third party without TDS's prior written consent. TDS shall have the right to assign all or part of its rights and obligations under the User Agreement.
- No amendment or modification to the User Agreement by you shall be valid or binding on TDS unless made in writing and signed by you and an authorized representative of TDS.
- If any provision(s) of the User Agreement are held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain valid and enforceable.