Wisconsin students earn WSTF scholarships
Join TDS Telecom in congratulating the following 2016 Wisconsin high school graduates recently named as Wisconsin State Telecommunications Foundation (WSTF) scholarship recipients. The winners are:
- Michael J. Meddaugh, Granton Area High School, $1,500
- Rebecca A. Scheiber, Howards Grove High School, $1,500
- Wyatt C. Dohrwardt, Medford Area High School, $1,500
- Alexandra K. Heinemann, Waunakee High School, $1,500
- Paul I. Tietz, Waunakee High School, $1,500
- Renee M. Herdrich, Greenwood High School, $500
- Megan R. Pearson, Medford High School, $500
- Dalton J. Strebig, Rib Lake High School, $500
- Louise C. Rotering, Alma High School, $500
The WSTF scholarship program is funded each year by local telephone companies—including TDS Telecom. They are available to high school seniors in the company’s service area. WSTF volunteers review the applications and select finalists based on financial need, academic achievements, extracurricular activities and other criteria.
The WSTF awarded more than $58,000 in scholarships this year. Since 1966, the program has given more than $1.4 million to help students further their education.
The foundation is part of the Wisconsin State Telecommunications Association, a trade organization representing more than 70 telephone companies, Internet service providers and wireless carriers in Wisconsin.