UPDATE: TDS® completes broadband Internet project around Medford and Stetsonville, Wis.
TDS® completion of this ARRA broadband stimulus project means high-speed Internet service is now available to businesses and nearly 1,400 area households.
TDS Telecom (TDS®) announces its broadband Internet project around Medford and Stetsonville, Wisconsin is now complete. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) stimulus-funded project makes high-speed Internet accessible to businesses and nearly 1,400 area residents.
In mid-November, TDS announced a portion of this project was complete. Now, the entire project is finished. TDS installed about 84 miles of fiber optics cabling and 18 cabinets (which protect the advanced network electronics) throughout its Midway Telephone Company. Customers interested in signing up for services should call 888-CALL-TDS (888-225-5837).
This is one of 44 projects TDS is receiving funding for from the United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Rural Utilities Service (RUS) as part of the ARRA. TDS projected the cost at about $6.2 million. The RUS grant covered 75 percent of the cost and TDS invested the remaining 25 percent (nearly $1.6 million) to expand broadband to more businesses and residents.
Nationwide, more than 95 percent of TDS customers already have access to high-speed Internet service. TDS is intent on providing as many remaining customers with broadband connectivity as possible. According to TDS, federal stimulus funds are helping to close the gap and deliver Internet connectivity. With the help of ARRA funding, TDS has already expanded access to high-speed Internet service to nearly 30,000 households across the country.
For background information and updates, visit www.tdstelecom.com/stimulus.
# # #