UPDATE: TDS® completes broadband Internet project around Wyandotte, Okla.

TDS® announces the ARRA broadband stimulus project is complete; high-speed Internet service now available to businesses and nearly 200 area households.

TDS Telecom (TDS®) announces its broadband Internet project around Wyandotte, Oklahoma is now complete. The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) stimulus-funded project makes high-speed Internet service accessible to businesses and nearly 200 area residents.

In late May, TDS announced a portion of this project, around Wyandotte, was complete. Now, the entire project is finished. TDS installed fiber optics cabling and four cabinets (which protect the advanced network electronics) throughout its Oklahoma Communication Systems company to provide high-speed Internet access to more residents and businesses. Customers interested in signing up for services should call 888-CALL-TDS (888-225-5837).

This is one of 44 projects that TDS is receiving funding for from the United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Rural Utilities Service (RUS) as part of the ARRA. TDS projected the cost at nearly $950,000. The RUS grant covered 75 percent of the cost and TDS invested the remaining 25 percent (about $235,000) to expand broadband service.

Nationwide, more than 95 percent of TDS customers already have access to high-speed Internet service. TDS is intent on providing as many remaining customers with broadband connectivity as possible. According to TDS, federal stimulus funds are helping to close the gap and deliver Internet connectivity. With the help of ARRA funding, TDS has already expanded high-speed Internet service access to more than 30,500 households across the country.

For background information and updates, visit www.tdstelecom.com/stimulus.

# # #

 

For more information, or a high-resolution map, contact: Cindy Tomlinson, Associate Manager-Public Relations / TDS Telecom / 608-664-4471 / cindy.tomlinson@tdstelecom.com

TDS Telecommunications LLC (TDS Telecom/TDS®) delivers high-speed internet, TV entertainment, and phone services to nearly 900 rural, suburban, and metropolitan communities across the U.S. With more than 1.2 million connections, TDS is one of the fastest growing technology companies in the United States. Powered by fiber-optics and new industry-leading technologies, TDS delivers up to 1 Gigabit internet speeds and offers internet-protocol based TV entertainment solutions along with traditional phone services. TDS also offers businesses VoIP advanced communications solutions, dedicated internet service, data networking, and hosted-managed services. Visit tdstelecom.com.

TDS Telecom, headquartered in Madison, Wis., employs nearly 2,700 people and is a subsidiary of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS], a Fortune 1000® company. Founded in 1969, TDS Inc. employs 9,400 people and has approximately six million connections nationwide through its businesses U.S. Cellular, TDS Telecom, OneNeck IT Solutions LLC, and TDS Broadband Service. TDS Inc. has been named to several Forbes lists, including America's Best Employers for Diversity, Best Large Employers, and Best Employers for Women. Visit tdsinc.com.

Updated February 2019

Search Bar

Not finding what you're looking for?

Visit our support site for FAQs, how-tos, and other useful resources.