TDS Telecom holds Second Annual Week of Giving
Madison, Wisconsin – TDS Telecommunications LLC (TDS®) is once again increasing its philanthropic activities this holiday season through a companywide Week of Giving campaign. One of the company’s core values is giving back to the communities it serves through TDS Cares initiatives. Themed giving events will be held throughout TDS communities from Monday, Nov. 27 through Friday, Dec. 1.
“Now more than ever, it’s important that we help TDS communities thrive,” said Senior Vice President of Corporate Affairs Drew Petersen. “We hope this week will inspire others to give back to their own communities throughout the holiday season.”
Here are a few examples of events during the Week of Giving:
· On Cyber/STEM Monday, TDS donated refurbished laptops to the YWCA in Madison. Associates are also donating cyber security books to the Nampa Public Library, and a projector and sound bar to Carson Middle School in Fort Carson, Colorado.
· On Giving Tuesday, TDS associates are giving gift bags to several humane societies in central Wisconsin and volunteering for Meals on Wheels in Monroe, Wisconsin.
· On Wellness Wednesday, TDS associates in Mount Juliet, Tennessee are volunteering at a police youth camp and donating $500 to the organization.
· On Thankful Thursday, TDS associates are serving food at a homeless shelter in St. George, Utah.
· On Food Pantry Friday, TDS associates are dropping off food collected from the Madison headquarters’ food drive.
“TDS associates are excited for the Week of Giving,” said Senior Manager of Field Marketing Brenda Cody. “Whether it’s honoring our first responders or volunteering at a food pantry, our field marketing associates have found effective and creative ways to serve their communities.”
TDS Cares initiatives occur throughout the year and through the Be Good Citizens program, TDS provides associates with 16 hours of paid time off every year to volunteer at the 501c3 organization of their choice.