*These instructions are meant for former Merrimac Communications customers.*
If you switched from Merrimac Communications to TDS as your service provider, your @Merr.com email was automatically moved to the TDS email platform.
That means all new messages sent to your @merr.com email address will need to be accessed by logging in to your TDS Online Account. No worries—your email address will remain the same. And for now, you can continue to log in to your Merr.com email box, but NO NEW MESSAGES WILL BE SENT TO IT.
Eventually your old Merrimac mailbox will go away. To keep the emails from your Merrimac mailbox, you need to move them to your TDS mailbox. Here’s how:
- Go to tds.net and log in to your new email account
- From the tabs at the top of the screen, select Preferences.
- Select Account from the menu on the left
- Select Add External Account located on the Accounts section
- In the Primary Account Settings section, fill in the fields as follows:
- Email: Enter your @merr.com email address
- Account Name: Enter a name for your @merr.com inbox, like old merr.com mailbox
- Account type: select IMAP
- Username of Account: Enter the username portion of your email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, example would be your username
- Email Server: mail.merr.com
- Password: Enter your old merr.com email password
- Advanced Settings: Check “Change Imap port” and enter 143
- Click Test Settings to confirm
- Verify status displays “Success” then click OK. If anything else displays for Status, verify you entered the previous information correctly.
- Click Save located at the top left