How to configure Apple Mail 3.0 for your TDS email account
- Browse to www.tds.net.
- Click the Check TDS Email button and log in.
- Accept Google's Terms of Service.
- Once successfully logged in, click on Settings at the top of the page.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable POP for all mail and click Save Changes.
- Open Apple Mail.
- Click Mail, and select Preferences.
- Open the Accounts button toward the top of the screen.
- Highlight your existing email account on the left side (or create new)
*Warning* If an existing email account is deleted, all current settings, folders and emails associated with that account will be lost. It is recommended that you edit an existing account instead of deleting it.
- Update the settings on this page as follows:
Email Address: Your full TDS email address
Full Name: Your name (can be anything).
Incoming Mail Server: Mail.tds.net
Username: Your full TDS email address
Password: Your password
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.gmail.com
- Click on the drop down menu next to Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) and select Edit Server List.
- Highlight the current server name
- Click on the Account Information tab and update the server Server Name to Mail.tds.net
- Click on the Advanced tab and change the following:
- Check Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- Set the Server Port to 587
- Set Authentication to Password
- Enter your email address (for example email@example.com or TDS hosted domain email address) in the User Name field
- Enter your password in the Password field
- Click OK at the bottom of the window.
- Click on the Advanced tab and update the server settings as follows:
- Check the box next to Use SSL
- Make sure the Port is set to 995
- Click the Close (X) button in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
- Click the Save button.
Congratulations! You've completed configuring your client to send and retrieve messages