The TDS companion app converts your smartphone or tablet into a hands-on, enhanced version of your TDS TV remote and channel guide. Download the app from Apple's App Store or Google Play free of charge and enhance your TV watching experience.*
- Set and manage recordings with ease from your smartphone or tablet.
- Search content with the use of your mobile device’s keyboard.
- Change channels with your phone or tablet.
- View your TDS TV channel guide on your mobile device and keep your screen free of clutter.
Download the TDS Companion App from iTunes or the Google Play store:
- Search for TDS Companion App from the iTunes or Play Store.
- From the search results screen, select the TDS Companion App.
- Tap INSTALL.
- If prompted, enter your password and tap OK.
- If prompted, accept the app permissions.
- Once download has finished, tap OPEN to launch the application.
Pairing the TDS TV app with your TV receiver
To use your phone or tablet as a remote control you must pair your device with your TDS TV receiver. You’ll need to pair your mobile device with each different TV in your house if you want to use your phone or tablet as a remote for all your different TVS. Up to 10 phones or tablets can be paired with your TDS TV receiver. You must be connected to your TDS Internet connection when you pair the TDS TV app with your receiver.
- From your device, tap the TDS Companion App icon.
- The first time you launch the app, you will be prompted to pair your device with your receiver. If you do not get prompted, tap the menu button and tap SETTINGS and tap ADD RECEIVER.
- The ADD RECEIVER screen appears. Tap NEXT to display the pairing code on your TV.
- Enter the 4-digit code.
- Tap PAIR DEVICE.
- Provide a name for your receiver so you can easily identify it. You can select from the drop-down menu or type a nickname for the receiver.
- Type a nickname for your device and tap NEXT.
- Once your device has paired with the receiver, the PAIRING SUCCESSFUL screen appears. You are now ready to use your phone or tablet as a remote control.
*Standard data rates apply.